If you live near Des Moines or Ames, Iowa, we’re hiring for an in person position! If you know someone who lives in the area and would be perfect for this position, be sure to forward this on to them.
I Heart Planners is a small, quickly growing online business. We are a small, but mighty team of 5 people. I’m looking for someone to work closely alongside me (the owner) to be my right hand person to continue our steady growth. This unconventional position will include such a variety of tasks – you won’t be bored!
The Tech Loving Project Manager position is an entry level position with I Heart Planners and will collaborate with team members to develop and streamline processes, create systems and manage all technical backend functions, and manage various projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Set up landing pages, shopping carts, email sequences and all other technical components for new opt-ins, products and virtual events.
- Manage integrations, conduct split testing, set up speaker and affiliate portals and ensure all systems function properly.
- Create graphics and compile swipe copy to include in speaker and affiliate portals.
- Contact and schedule speakers and affiliates for online summits and upload all appropriate documents and graphics into online portals.
- Write and send emails to communicate with speakers and affiliates frequently.
- Collaborate with team of regular contractors to develop and implement best practices and solutions for common technical or customer-related issues.
- Develop systems and organization to streamline all backend technical processes.
- Research and troubleshoot technical issues that customers and/or other team members may experience in a timely and friendly manner.
- Manage projects from beginning to end, including breaking down and assigning tasks to team members, monitoring progress and ensuring deliverables are met according to agreed upon deadlines.
- Assist in other areas including data and file organization, creating processes, educating team on processes, photo/video shoots and other projects as assigned.
- Attention to Detail – The ability to be thorough and accurate when reading, interpreting and performing tasks.
- Autonomy – Effectively works independently with little guidance or oversight. Asks questions and seeks guidance, as needed. Self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Decision Making – Ability to make thoughtful, well-informed and timely decisions, even with limited information. Considers the overall impact of their decisions on the company and clients.
- Integrity + Honesty – Upholds the highest job-related, business and socially acceptable ethics. Stands up for what is right. Committed to sharing and hearing the truth, even when it’s difficult to do so.
- Organization + Time Management – Ability to use time, resources and skills effectively in order to achieve a goal.
- Problem Solving Skills – Embodies critical thinking skills to work through the details of a problem to reach a solution.
- Taking Initiative + Self-Driven – Ability to see an opportunity or need and act upon it without being asked or told. Acting in anticipation of future needs, changes or concerns. Making things happen; not waiting for something to happen.
- Teamwork – Works well with others; plays an important role on the team without needing to take the lead; values ideas and input of others.
This position will have some supervisory responsibilities over contractors.
Job duties for this position will be performed remotely part-time in a location of your own choosing and part-time at the I Heart Planners home office. The home office is a typical office environment that is only accessible via a flight of stairs; there are no animals onsite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is sedentary and the individual in this role must be able to remain seated and use a computer for prolonged periods of time. The employee will need to have good vision in order to see and perform their job duties, as well as the ability to hear and speak clearly with fellow team members and customers, so listeners can understand.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular, full-time position, which consists of approximately 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Occasionally, there may be the opportunity for additional hours during busy seasons.
No travel outside of a typical commute is required in this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum formal education of high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a systems and/or technical support role.
- Advanced experience and comfort level using and learning various software systems, including but not limited to: WordPress, ClickFunnels, ThriveCart, ConvertKit, Slack, Asana, and Zoom or equivalent experience with similar systems.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Certificate or college degree in an information systems or technology-related field.