The world can be a scary place, and these days it's feeling more scary than ever. Overall what's happening across the globe is anything but good, and there are real dangers and concerns to be addressed. I'm not a doctor or nurse, and I can't offer you any medical advice. I'm not one of the leading scientists working on a vaccination for the virus, and I can't even tell you where to find a roll of toilet paper these days.
But there are things I can do. I can keep hoping and praying. I can keep encouraging others, even if that's from a distance. I can offer strategies, tools, and resources to help the thousands of women who have suddenly found themselves cooped up inside. And so, with open eyes that see the very real concerns, I will keep choosing to be a helper, to be an encourager, and to find the goodness I can in each day.
I will take small steps and continue doing what I can. And in doing so I will find seeds of sanity. My deliberate actions will plant peace in my hectic home. And I want to share that with you! You may want to bookmark this page because I'll be updating it regularly with the new seeds of sanity that I find in these unusual days.
Click the links below for freebies, tips and tricks, and useful resources.
- Facebook Live Kickoff – What is Seeds of Sanity
- Free Hand Washing Scripture Printables – If you're tired of singing Happy Birthday while washing your hands, try reading Bible passages instead!
- Practicing the Five Love Languages while Social Distancing – How to be a blessing to others in difficult times.
- How to Work from Home Productively – My best work from home tips after 7 years of working from home – includes bonus tips on getting work done with kids at home.
- How to Stay Informed Without Overwhelm – How can we stay informed and keep our family healthy and safe without feeling overwhelmed.
- Free At Home Workout Options – Workout options the whole family can get in on!
- Social Media & Screen Time Plan – Developing a reasonable plan to use social media and screen time wisely
- Finding Things to be Thankful For – How to develop a perspective of gratitude surrounding some aspects of this situation.
- Get Creative – Great ideas for the whole family to do while staying home
- Keeping up with School Work – Terrific school resources to help you with teaching your kids at home
- Decluttering Your Pantry – Most of us are probably in our kitchens a lot more right now. Here are some great tips for decluttering your pantry
- Easy Peasy Freezer Meals – Spending a lot more time in the kitchen? These easy freezer meals will come in handy!
- Ultimate List of Fun Things to Do at Home with Kids – I'm sharing my favorite things to do at home with my kids, and I think this will help you keep your kids occupied or give you some great gift ideas.